Saturday, March 15, 2008

Walmart: Save Money. Live Better.

Good Slogan

I was on the fence for a while about this slogan but I've come around. At first I thought it was too generic and could apply to any discount retailer. But then I remembered that Walmart is THE discount retailer. After the success it had with "Always Low Prices" I like how they upped the ante by adding a benefit statement here. A good slogan, like any good pitch, should not just convey brand/product features but benefits to the end consumer. Save money = feature. Live better = Benefit. The combination = Good Slogan.

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

I think this is a great slogan. This is a great way to humanize such a large corporation like Wal-Mart. So many people dislike Wal-Mart for one reason or another, but this slogan and new ad campaign really brings the consumer's thoughts and focus from the big corporate side of Wal-Mart to the individual, personal side. One their ads states that the average Wal-Mart shopper saves $2000 a year by shopping with them!